Requirements for the Retention & Re-Acquisition of Philippine Citizenship
Only former natural-born Filipino citizen shall be allowed to take the Oath of Allegiance pursuant to the provisions of the Republic Act No. 9225 or the “Citizenship Retention and Re-acquisition Act of 2003.
In view of the foregoing, the applicant is required to submit the following:
- NSO-authenticated Birth Certificate (please visit www.ecensus.com.ph to secure online)
- Old Philippine passport
- Certificate of naturalization
- Foreign passport
- Marriage contract (please include court order for annulment of marriage, separation or divorce
- Duly accomplished application form (to be provided)
- Four (4) pcs of 2x2 picture, front view with white background (colored or black & white )
- Application fee of CAD$72.50 (Cash or Money Order) - for the children below 18 yrs. old who would qualify for the derivative citizenship, fee is CAD$36.25 per child
Please bring all the original documents and submit 2 copies each of requirements 1 to 5. After evaluating the documents submitted and payment of fees, oath-taking at the Consulate will be scheduled at least after a week, depending on the availability of slots, which is administered every Thursday at 2:30PM. (Starting 10 September 2015, the oath-taking will be administered at 10:00AM)
For children below 18 years old who would qualify for derivative citizenship, original Birth Certificate issued by the NSO or Office of the Registrar General in Canada (long form) should also be submitted.
Frequently Asked Question about dual citizenship.
Download Related Forms